So I was again following up with my IUI nurse about levels and timing and what not. Please see below for her email. lol
Hi Alishia,
Just to clarify, it is not the rising LH that triggers the surge. Estrogen
elevation is what triggers the LH to surge. When the LH peaks it then sends
the ovulation signal which will then happen in approximately 36hrs. The
peak LH surge number is quite variable. It normally sits at the low
baseline level throughout the follicle development but when the estrogen
level peaks, it triggers the LH surge to start. LH can spike up to and
certainly over 23, maybe even closer to 100 (this is the same for everyone
who ovulates). When we take your blood, we are only catching just a brief
minute in the day. When LH is found to be surging, the level may be on it's
way up or down as we do not often capture it at the peak.
I certainly don't mind giving you explaination about levels and measurements
but please know that we are monitoring your cycle closely. Dr. M
would not want you stressing about numbers and focussing on the cycle too
much as this could have a negative impact on the cycle in general. There
are a lot of variables with biology which can be expected but also cause
stress for people not typically exposed to these factors.
We want you to be as relaxed as possible so you have the best chance
possible :)
Take care, L
I don't totally get all of that but I get the you need to relax girl part. lol
Acupuncture/Massage are great relaxation tools. I highly recommend them. Alas, keep going, and stay positive. I know it must be hard.
ReplyDelete