Saturday, 20 October 2012

Donor Dilemma

DW and I are torn. Our 1st choice donor has only 5 vials available and is no longer in the program. We were really hoping for two pregnancies = two children.  5 may be enough or maybe not. We have to decide by tomorrow as the bank in the US wants them for a client. 
Guess there is never a way go know what will be enough. Anyone have a crystal ball? Lol

Hopefully I will get pregnant within the first few tries. Then we'll have a couple for a shot at number two. I guess we could get another donor too if need be. My sister and I are from different fathers and it didn't bother us much. And we never refer to ourselves as 1/2 siblings! We're just sisters. We look completely different and have totally different personalities too and it really doesn't matter. 


But maybe with donor concieved children it might be better cause they would have that 100% blood relative when they don't know the other 50% of their biology?  Ahhh I really don't know.  

I'm so paranoid that we could buy all 5 and end up with twins. My grandmother had twins and the donor has twin brothers!! Combo that with the fact that I will be taking femera!! If we had twins we would be done! Lol The other fact of the matter is we could end up with 5 used up vials and no baby :( 



No comments:

Post a Comment