I'm dying to book an appointment with the RE we wanna use. My DW is not in a hurry as she feels like we are not ready yet due to my job situation. She worries about my future job security and us providing for our family. What she doesn't get is that once we see the RE doesn't mean we walk out with a baby! I have done all the research and have been exposing her to the information little by little. I had to explain to her that once we meet with the RE (which takes approx 3 months to get an appointment) I have to do an investigative cycle, we have to meet with a counsellor, pick a donor and then we have one shot a month to make it happen.
I sent her a heart to heart email explaining that I don't want to force her into having a baby and that is how she makes me feel sometimes. And how this is a long process, we don't just decide we are ready and do it the next day. There are many hoops to jump through and many steps that need to take place before we officially TTC. I told her how I am committed to making this happen, 100% committed to all the early morning blood draws, getting violated by the dildo cam and all the other super fun stuff that's involved in this process.
We are planners and savers and perfectionists. But really there will never be the perfect time for anything. We have to decide on what we want and just go for it...and make it the perfect time! She assured me that she wants a baby and is on board to meeting with the RE to get the ball rolling.
Yessssssssssssss....Time to make the call and book it!
No comments:
Post a Comment